Friday, July 1, 2016

Life Between Blindness and Normal Sight


This is a blog about the human dimension of life, work and play with a condition called Low Vision. People like me who have Low Vision are not blind but we also don’t have normal sight.

I am Ken Mills, a public media consultant who publishes SPARK! - a daily news blog about nonprofit media organizations such as NPR and PBS. I have experienced Low Vision for over a decade but didn’t know it until December 26, 2016.  That was when I almost hit a parked car. No one was hurt. The incident took me out of denial and pushed me into action.   

I need a napkin, please...
WELCOME TO LOW VISION describes how it feels to have partial sight. The blog will be dealing with practical stuff – how to go from a to b safely. I will also be writing about coping with the sense of loss, isolation and reduced self-confidence.


The primary purpose of WELCOME TO LOW VISION is to educate and increase awareness of the condition.


I also want my blogging to impact businesses and government policies. I will report on programs techniques and devices that maybe can help.

I want my readers to see the world through my compromised eyes, explore the realities of Life Between Blindness and Normal Sight and provide humor about the absurdity of the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment